As a new PhD student there are some things you MUST do before starting your new adventure.
OBTAIN AN ORCID
After that you received your institutional e-mail account (e.g. n.surnameNNN@unibs.it) you should make few clicks and compile some forms to get all the things started.
- Create an account on the MIUR website. The MIUR is the Italian authority for the education, universities and the research activities. Click on the following link and then follow all the instructions to get username and password: loginmiur.cineca.it
- Once your registration is completed, go to the MIUR homepage. You should see on the left side of the page a column, and in its rows one called “ORCID”.
- Click on that link and then follow all the instructions to receive a univocal ORCID number.
- Connect the obtained number with your MIUR account.
- Go on the website scholar.google.it and then create an account.
The boring stuff is over, now enjoy your PhD activity and publish, print, disseminate and remember that “Research is to see what everybody else has seen, and to think what nobody else has thought” [Albert Szent-Gyorgyi]